Monthly letter to our readers
“We will do our best to be good travel companions”- This is how the TCI newsletter began.
In the same manner, THE DAO INSIDER is looking to present the StakeborgDAO journey but from the community perspective.
And what a community we have gathered here! We will get more into this later.
January was a bearish month in crypto space. If your attention was on the graphs, we can’t blame you for it, but are we looking in the right direction?
A little personal perspective: Before I joined StakeborgDAO space I was checking the graphs every minute, in the hope that I would catch a 100x project. It never happened, because my attention was focused in the wrong place. Then I realized that the only chance to succeed is to educate myself in this direction.
And this is how I joined StakeborgDAO.
When you start to make part of a space where you meet people that are on the same page as you, with the same vision, the same desire to discover and to learn, you will realize that the price action of a whatever coin it’s just background noise. We are here for the long game.
For me, January was the most bullish month since I joined the crypto space. Keep reading and you’ll find out why I said that.
First of all, here are some numbers from the fast growing StakeborgDAO community:
At the moment I write this there are almost 900k $STANDARD staked from our road to 1M, the moment when the DAO will be activated. So we are very close to this moment.
The Total Value Locked has exceeded $21M across the yield farming pools and governance staking.
This year has begun by seeing some of the biggest names from industry on the The Stakeborg Talks podcast.
First big name was Paul Brody from EY Global. He shared some of his views on how Ethereum will be the infrastructure of web 3, how far away we are until auditors will start to look into DAO’s treasuries and the importance of crypto index funds. Entire discussion on TST#5. That was just the warm up.
Next, on TST#6 was Diran Li from Messari. Some of the approached topics: Ethereum’s chances to flip Bitcoin, The future of DAOs and Messari’s secret sauce.
On TST#7, Vlad had the chance to speak with ‘one of his dream guests’: Tom Bilyeu which doesn’t need any introduction. They had covered topics related to self-discipline, learner identity, decentralization, Ethereum, NFTs, Impact Theory, Founders Key and how to build for the long-term in web3.
The upcoming #StakeborgDAOTalks was presented as 4 Of A Kind, where every day an Ace wouldbe revealed. The first Ace was Dean Tribble, the CEO of Agoric, a crypto OG. The entire chat can be found on TST#8. In the meantime, we found out the next 2 Aces : Joey Krug, CIO of Pantera Capital and Avichal Garg, co-founder and partner on the investment team at Electric Capital.
In the beginning of this article I have mentioned the community gathered around StakeborgDAO.
We all have different backgrounds , different occupations and different ages but we all have the same purpose: to educate ourselves.
Each of us has something interesting to say in order to help others to understand crypto space better. So even if you are a 20 years old student, you can write about DeFi Kingdoms – A thorough walkthrough 👀, which btw was one of the best articles of the month. But that doesn’t make the rest of them less interesting, for example: informationAbout budgeting and why is it important or Meditations #1: On Building wealth and the things I have learned along the way can help you shape your wealth building skills.
Those were just some examples, but if I made you curious and you are interested to find more you can join https://stakeborgdao.xyz/category/en/.
And who knows, maybe you can be the next one who writes about something interesting.
Interesting things happen on our Discord channel also. How can you buy/stake/provide liquidity, when are the lowest gas fees to make a transaction or an interesting hot headline for industry? There you will always find somebody to help you for any question you have or to provide some great tips.
This month saw a lot going on within the Stakeborg DAO Community, but also with the entire crypto space.
January marked a few important milestones for Stakeborg DAO.
- The circulating supply of Standard surpassed 5% of the total existing amount. That’s more than 1 million Standard. Out of which more than 800K are locked for Governance.
- Market capitalization of Standard surpassed 15 million dollars.
- DAO activation is getting closer due to great January traction.
In January we welcomed more members on Discord and steadily grew our social media presence.
Stakeborg DAO Review by CryptoRobin
The Stakeborg DAO Talks
Our famous talks, hosted by Vlad, started the year bringing us great interviews with first class guests.
We leave you below a list with all January episodes:
- Paul Brody – The Stakeborg DAO Talks Ep. 5
- Diran Li – The Stakeborg DAO Talks Ep. 6
- Tom Bilyeu – The Stakeborg DAO Talks Ep. 7
- Dean Tribble – The Stakeborg DAO Talks Ep.8 (First Ace)
- Joey Krug – The Stakeborg DAO Talks Ep.9 (2nd Ace)
We have seen plenty of threads written by the Stakeborg team but also by Vlad, that tackle the fundamental bottlenecks of DAOs in a search for finding the best functioning mechanism.
It’s important for the community to educate on as many aspects that relate to a DAOs creation and governance as possible, as well as about their role as DAO members – all of this in an effort of having educated decisions being made, when the DAO will be activated.
Here are the main points that you should read:
- 9 things #crypto taught me in 2021
- Curious about Stakeborg DAO?
- What’s in an Index?
- SubDAOs Thread
- Social Tokens
- Friends With Benefits Strategy Key Takeaways
- The critical divergences between DAOs and corporations
- Governance is the backbone of a DAO
The Crypto Insider
This month marked the 1st Anniversary of The Crypto Insider! And what a great present it received: TOP 10 Crypto Newsletters on Substack.
The Crypto Insider PRO got to the 27th edition and if you are not yet subscribed, you are missing on quality insights into the space.
Time flies when you are learning and developing. Let’s take a minute and go through the first edition of TCI, and if you are new here, for sure you will find this a good read: https://thecryptoinsider.substack.com/p/32e8b864-ecbe-4bad-a4b4-ea3caa6f1c3e
You can subscribe right here: https://thecryptoinsider.substack.com/
On the community’s motherboard, the stakeborgdao.xyz website, we have seen a lot of articles being published in the past month – by the community for the community.
From the diverse range of subjects, we are sure you will find an interesting topic to read about. Here’s a summary of all articles of this month:
- DeFi Kingdoms – A thorough walkthrough by Matei
- Fees. The good and the ugly #binance #revolut – by Saperavi
- The era of shared success – by 1johnny
- From Hero to 0 and back to Hero – by Red21
- Financial Independence – by Kalladin
- How to read a smart contract and assess its safety – by andreiv
- Proof of Work ( PoW ) – by MrShaorma
- Budget – Part 1: About budgeting and why is it important – by ostanescu & andrewf12
- Football and crypto – by BLaZQue
Stakeborg Community Report
Every week we will share insights and highlight our community’s best gems. Check Vol.1 below:
The Fundraising Guild launched this month.
Currently there are two initiatives going on:
The biggest headline on Discord this month was the AMA with the StakeBorg team. In addition to all the questions answered by the team, we can stick with the following idea: “The StakeBorg team is part of the StakeBorgDAO community.”
SubDAO Talks US
This newly added channel is intended to be the place to gather ideas and resources regarding the particularities of DAOs / SubDAOs, and engage in debating relevant ideas that have the potential of translating into actual proposals.
There are a lot of valuable resources being shared in this particular channel. All focus is on DAOs.
Make sure you check it out here: https://discordapp.com/channels/901898461568442458/933328109846020106
At the end of a personal marketing initiative from our community member @MafteiClaudiu, he announced the winners of his Twitter campaign. Results were impressive: over 565 Retweets and 535 comments in just 3 days.
- @andreiv brings a new update to the StakeborgDAO Explorer. Check the new interface and enjoy the new Buying fee estimation tab. – > https://explorer.stakeborgdao.xyz/
- The Stakeborg DAO team has created a new section on the website called Brand Assets.
- Impermanent Loss Calculator developed by @Tesseract:
- Gas Bot – The team implemented a new bot for the Discord group which will automatically post when the Gas Price will drop below a certain value. For now this is set-up at 50, 70 and 90 gwei.
- @andreiv shared a great map for understanding Web3.
- Shame Bot – Under the #airdrops channel, we have now a bot that will announce all the Airdrop claims in real time.
- Scam-Alert Channel – As the StakeBorgDAO community grows, many bots will join and send phishing links. Since this month we have a topic of #report-scam
Review’s Team Top January News
We are introducing this new section aimed at sharing the top news that caught the team’s attention in the past month. Don’t take it as an industry overview news source, but more of personal topics of interest being shared. Let us know your feedback in the comments section!
1.What it’s a DAO ?
“The blockchain business model has made headlines for sensational ploys. But in quieter corners DAOs are forging a promising new ecosystem for digital startups.” by Kyle Chayka
2. How to SubDAO ?
DAOs are internet communities with a shared bank account and cap table. Many have predicted that DAOs will eclipse centralized organizations – eventually becoming bigger than countries, companies, and other entities that exist in the world today. How does that happen, and how do DAOs successfully scale to that size?
3. How to grow decentralized communities?
Decentralized organizations enable work to be distributed to the community members instead of being entirely driven by top-down decision making hierarchies. While tokens financially align participants to contribute value to such a network, it is grassroots community leadership and ownership that enables the long-term success of a token network.
4. In 2021, VC’s invested over $33 billion into crypto and blockchain startups. That means 5% of the money invested across all sectors globally.
5. Elrond has announced the acquisition of payments provider Utrust. Faster, cheaper and more secure payments and transform payment processing services from a cost for merchants into an income stream.
6. LooksRare trying to dethrone OpenSea from the number one NFT market place after tops $110M in Ethereum NFT Trading in one day
7. Disney has been approved for a patent that would create personalized interactive attractions for theme park visitors. The technology would facilitate headset-free augmented reality (AR) attractions at Disney theme parks.
8. Youtube is considering integrating NFTs so that content creators get paid what they deserve and create even stronger connections between fans and themselves.
9. Meta announces that the artificial intelligence supercomputer, Research SuperCluster, has become functional and is ranked in the top 5 fastest AI computers in the world. The RSC could be useful for managing malicious content and powerful enough to simultaneously translate speech for a large group of people who each speak a different language. RSC will enable new AI models that can learn from trillions of examples, understand hundreds of languages and more.
10. Intel will unveil a new energy efficient ASIC, about 15% less, at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) starting February 20.
11. Rio de Janeiro mayor Eduardo Paes shared his plans to invest 1% of the city’s treasury in crypto. Also, his taking into consideration to offer benefits for those who will chose to pay taxes with crypto.
12. Tonga wants to follow El Salvador, on becoming the second nation who’s making Bitcoin legal tender.
13. Belgian MP to become first European politician to accept salary in bitcoin. EUR 5,500 to be converted to BTC via Bit4you.
Made with ❤ by The DAO Insider Reviews Team